Wednesday, February 10, 2016

5 Dating-Profile Mistakes You Never Want to Make

Steer clear of these mistakes on your online dating profile. (GIF: Yahoo Health/Getty Images)

Writing is hard. Writing about yourself: even harder. Which makes online dating profiles both daunting to write and, let’s just say … lackluster to read. So how do you stand out in the crowd? As the founder of online-dating-profile makeover company Profile Polish, I’ve written thousands of profiles — so I can tell you how: by avoiding these all-too-common pitfalls.
1. Using clichés.

Online dating clichés extend far beyond the idioms you’ve heard before, like “I’ll sweep you off your feet.” They include lazy phrasing, vague descriptions, and anything that sounds like it could be a classified personal from the ‘80s. Could what you’ve written apply to (or appear in the profile of) at least 60 percent of online daters? Then it’s a cliché.
Read More>>